Top 10 Best Laser Level Reviews 2017 & Comparison
± 1/8" at 30 Ft
± 1/8" at 30 Ft
± 1/8 Inch at 30 Ft
± 1/8 Inch at 30 Ft
±1/8" at 30 ft
±1/8'' at 30 ft
± 1/4" at 100 ft
± 1/8" at 30 Ft
Cell 9 / 7
#1 DEWALT DW089K SELF-LEVELING 3-BEAM LINE LASER
DEWALT is a well known manufacturing company. They brought one of the best creations. It is called DEWALT DW089K SELF-LEVELING 3-BEAM LINE LASER. The Construction sites have a new instrument. It is better at layout jobs.
You may do stuff like mapping, laying tiles on the floor, designing doors, window, cabinets for the kitchen, you got to have DEWALT DW089K SELF-LEVELING 3-BEAM LINE LASER.
Features of DEWALT DW089K SELF-LEVELING 3-BEAM LINE LASER:
- It is specially made to do professional work.
- The third beam makes a right angle to the floor and ceiling. It makes it very easy to layout maps.
- It has a built-in magnetic center point which makes it simpler to mount on a metallic surface.
- It has a single button operating system. It makes it easier to use.
- It has a water resistance system
- Triple Beam Laser
- Customers are really satisfied with the brightness.
- The strength of the magnets is very strong.
- A Little bit heavy.
- Few customers complained that vertical laser stopped working suddenly.
#2. Dewalt DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
If you are looking for small, light, correct, and easy to use laser level, then you should stop searching. Because Dewalt DE008K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is the one you are looking for. It shoots horizontal and vertical lines which cross different levels and layouts. By this, you can expand the range of the laser detector up to 165 feet.
Dewalt DW088K has two buttons which run both horizontal and vertical laser beam. The laser is bright and accurate so that you can do your job in the right way.
Features of Dewalt DE0088K Self-Leveling Cross Line:
- This particular tool is perfect for beginners.
- It has an automatic level indication
- Battery lasts up to 20 hours long.
- Self-leveling of this device is up to 4 degrees from its surface angle.
- It helps to preserve calibration when you store it.
- It has water a resistance facility.
- It has Sturdy placement capacity.
- Long projection distance.
- Can produce vertical and horizontal lines
- The laser sometimes may not be bright enough for outdoor work.
#3. Bosch GCL25 Self Leveling 5-Point Alignment Laser with Cross-Line
Bosch GCL25 is the laser light which is best for large rooms and outdoor work space. It has plumb line features both above and below the device. The unit is correct. It lets you choose between vertical, horizontal, or both vertical and horizontal.
It has 2-in-1 utility for power users. This tool has proven to be a handy tool. An operator doesn't use any another instrument to make square room, cause it can do it by itself.
Features of Bosch GCL25 Self Leveling 5-Point Alignment Laser with Cross-Line:
- It has five points.
- It also has a cross for 2-in-1 laser.
- All the laser lines are mighty visible to everyone.
- It could do jobs like squaring, layout, plumb point transfer, horizontal leveling, and vertical positioning.
- It indicates if the level is out of line.
- Manual mode locks line so that you can use it in at any angle.
- There are four selectable modes for this.
- The customer appreciates lock system on this model. People tilt this any angle they like.
- Time of using this model, it will blink if it is 4 degrees of being flat.
- Some customer says the strength of this tool is little.
- Some also say it 's hard to use in daylight.
#4. Bosch GPL3-RT 3-Point Self-Leveling Alignment Laser
Bosch gpl3-rt is a tool which gives exceptional accuracy. This laser is ideal for layout, plumbing, alignment and other layout tasks. It can cover a wide range. You can use this in a different position. It provides a 90-degree beam of left and right.
It comes with multi-functional attachment. It lets you position with the magnet, straps, or threaded mounts. This tool is the best use to level the floor.
Features of Bosch GPL3-RT 3-Point Self-Leveling Alignment Laser:
- It includes a diamond-cut beam splitter. They are the first one to using that.
- Smart pendulum leveling system allows it to state if the work area is out of line.
- It locks when you switch it off.
- It emits three beams.
- The shape of this tool is really small. You can easily carry it in your pocket.
- Multipurpose will let you position. You can mount it with the magnet, straps and threaded mount.
- The laser lines are mixed for exact positioning of the tool.
- Laser light is bright enough for its size.
- It works perfectly for the small job.
- The quality of the battery is low.
#5. PLS Laser PLS-60521 PLS180 Laser Level Tool
This model was created so that they can help to build a piece of beauty. PLS Laser PLS-60521 PLS180 laser level is one of the lightest laser levels out there. It has been constructed to do jobs like plumbing, electrical work, industrial construction, etc. People who are involved with this kind of jobs have high faith in this product.
Personal user and contractor both can easily use this thing without any help. It saves you a lot of time by giving accurate results. It shoots both horizontally and vertically.
Features of PLS Laser PLS-60521 PLS180 Laser Level Tool
- PLS180 is very lightweight and easy to carry.
- Works on 3 AA batteries easily without any interruption.
- It levels up to 6 degrees on its own.
- Easy to handle.
- The company will give you three years warranty for this product.
- No charge is needed.
- It vibrates beam for outside work function.
- This laser level is not suitable for outdoor working, because of the dim light.
#6. Pacific Laser Systems PLS4 Tool Point and Line Laser
PLS4 has compounded laser level device. It combines all the features PLS180 and extra features of a point to point plum. PLS4 can cover 100 feet range. It combines up and down points. This model is ideal for any kind of modeling, leveling, and alignment. PLS4 offers lots of features.
This tool is cheaper than most of the rotary laser level. It is lighter and less bulky. This device is helpful to install door, window and drop ceiling.
Features of Pacific Laser Systems PLS4 Tool Point and Line Laser:
- PLS4 is a combination of up and down points with square, level, and plumb line alignment.
- This device has the dual beam technology and gives more accurate results.
- It is usable even you are working on large construction sites.
- It has a self-leveling capability.
- The laser beam is bright. It can be seen on the thousand feet range.
- It produces accurate result in less possible time.
- Energy does not get drained easily.
- If you use an SLD detector, then visibility can be up to 200 feet.
- This tool has only two beams.
#7. Bosch GLL3-80 3 Plane Leveling-Alignment Laser
Bosch's GLL3-80 three-plane leveling and alignment laser offer a complete level and alignment solution. It does have any rotary motor. It has two 90 degree cross points on each side. This is really flexible in layout. It is perfect who works as a tradesman and people DIY.
This's more useful to work indoors. This device is IP54 rated. It makes it dust and water proof. All the keypad has excellent readability which makes it easier to use.
Features of Bosch GLL3-80 3 Plane Leveling-Alignment Laser:
- It provides 360-degree coverage.
- It does not have any rotation battery. So the energy of the battery is less wasted.
- It has a magnet to attach the metal tracks.
- Have a freestanding base.
- It gives 360-degree line either independently or together.
- You do not need to move any parts to wall and partition layout.
- It offers a strong feature set.
- Very user-friendly.
- It is not very useful in the wide range.
#8. Dewalt DW089LG Green Laser Level
If you want to take construction business to the next level, then you have to consider buying Dewalt DW089LG green laser level. It can shoot 360-degree laser green laser beam. It allows you to do any kind job at ease. It got 100 feet of indoor visibility range.
Dewalt DW089LG features full-time pulse mode. This device is specially made for a decorator, carpenters, electrician, etc. Anyone who likes to do a quick line up can use this thing without any hesitation.
Features of Dewalt DW089LG green laser level:
- The accuracy rate 1/8 of an inch.
- Can cover 100 feet range.
- It emits green laser light.
- This particular device is highly water, shock and dust resistance.
- The magnet allows mounting of any kind of metal surface.
- You will have a rechargeable battery.
- This tool is portable. You can carry it anywhere you want.
- It weighs not more than 10 pounds.
- It shoots green laser which is more visible than red lasers.
- This best laser level is very much expensive.
#9. Firecore Self-Leveling Horizontal/Vertical Cross-Line Laser Level with Magnetic Bracket
The accuracy is not more than 1/5 which has a working range of 30 feet. This very durable laser line and densely covered workspace. This will helps you save lots of time when you are renovating your home, laying tiles, hanging pictures, framing, etc.
This laser level is self-leveling in between 4 degrees of level. The light will turn green it the line is out of level. You can choose mode easily by pushing top button. Hold the button for 3 seconds to shut down the laser. This laser comes with a strong magnet. You can mount it easily on any metallic place.
Features of Firecore Self-Leveling Horizontal/Vertical Cross-Line Laser Level with Magnetic Bracket:
- Fully functional horizontal and vertical laser line.
- Pendulums lock system. It will help you to protect from any kind of damage.
- The weight 1 pound.
- It includes magnetic bracket
- 2AA battery is use in this equipment.
- It is cheap.
- It responds quickly, whenever it is out of line.
- It does not include any battery.
#10. STANLEY STHT77340 Cubix Cross Line Laser
This laser level is mostly used and by home decorator and craftsman. It is small and very lightweight. It makes it easier to carry anywhere you want. It is mainly used for everyday jobs like measuring and layout jobs. You can work with it within the range of 40 feet.
This product is a lot cheaper. Installation is very easy. It is made with full plastic.
Features of STANLEY STHT77340 Cubix Cross-Line Laser:
- Self-leveling cross line functions.
- It can cover range up to 40 feet, which is not bad for its size and price.
- It has locking pendulum features which help lock any way you want.
- This product gives greater accuracy results.
- Easy to maintain and care.
- It is very easy to use.
- Some consider this about being a perfect size.
- There is no instruction to use it.
- Only a few customers complain of not being durable.
How To Choose Best Laser Level
Importance of Choosing the Best Laser Level
Best laser levels always offer the best features. There are two kinds of best laser level on the market which are commonly used by almost everyone. These two laser levels are fixed line laser level and rotary laser level. There is also another type of laser levels are available in the market, which is called dot laser level. But dot laser lever levels aren’t the best laser level. The reason is there are few features to offer.
Fixed Line Laser Level
Fixed line laser level shoots a laser and it generates straight line by shooting a laser beam. You can shoot it in both horizontally and vertically. The result can differ which depends on the range they cover. Another useful feature of this laser level is that it is a self-sensing system. Those laser levels provide a flashlight instead of laser light whenever the tool is out of level. This type laser level is the best laser level for indoor uses. The problem with those laser level is that those can't tilt or turn 360 degrees.
Rotary Laser Level
Most of the users consider the rotary laser level as the best laser level, and it's true. People use these kinds of laser level for any kind of jobs related to it. You can have the exact leveling of the whole room with a laser level. Many users consider this the best laser level because most of the best rotary laser level provides the accurate answer. Those can create lines on all four of the walls, ceiling, and floor. This laser level can be used with the support of a tripod. Some of the brands of those products offer free tripod. While other offers only kits, but no tripod. Some of the brands just provide the laser level. You may have kits like a pair of goggles. It is not used because the laser is harmful to your eyes. It is used so that you can see the laser light batter. When you are working outside with the house, the strong sunlight makes the laser line almost invisible. That is why people use this tinted glasses or goggles.
7 Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Laser Level
If you are in the construction industry, maintaining the required levels is paramount. Traditional methods to enhance this include use of bubble levels among others. While these provide the required accuracy, a lot of time and effort needed hence affecting the overall construction process. By having the best laser level, you are assured of great accuracy alongside extending the levels for a long distance. This's unlike the traditional bubble levels that can only extend to a distance of 12 ft. Choosing the right laser lever requires a number of factors to be considered. This is for a reason there are different lasers available and with the ability to handle different extents of work. Three primary considerations are important in choosing the best laser lever for any project. They are the usability, accuracy, and projection. Brands that score highly on more than one feature stands best in the performance of different tasks as may be required. Among the key areas where the best levels may be used include installation of tiles, fixtures and fittings, furniture, hanging of mirrors and portraits among others. Compared to the traditional methods, use of laser levels gives more accurate results. This is irrespective of the levels position since through use of an internal level pendulum; it can deliver accordingly. The main features to look out for in a level include.
Irrespective of the project at hand, accuracy is paramount. This will not only ensure you make the right fixture at the right place but as well ensure that at the end of the task you meet the expected results. The expected output for a quality laser is required to be +- 1.5X at a distance of 30M. A range of +-3X is considered to be workable but is it exceeds these limits; the project results will not be achieved.
A clear and concise beam is required to work efficiently. So such a good laser level requires achieving the best quality. The most common beam installed on laser levels is red. However, indications from varying quarters indicate that green is more visible when used as the beam light. The light within the working area may vary widely ranging from dimly lit rooms to highlighting when working outdoors. The laser used should in all instances ensure a visible light for the beams without causing unnecessary strains or dreams.
Most of the laser levels available are battery powered. The strong beams produced by the laser consume high amounts of power hence lowering the battery life Given that it is not always that the work is undertaken within a charging power source, this can be a real headache having to seek for ways to recharge the battery every time it runs out An ideal laser level should have a long lasting battery alongside being configured for low power consumption. This not only ensures that time is saved by giving the opportunity to complete a task within one instance.
For an excellent beam visibility, the rotating speed needs to be fast enough. This is especially so if the bean I suds in outdoor settings. Different laser models have varying rotation speeds and in such important to choose one with variable speed options. This provides with an opportunity to choose the best speed for the activity at hand. However, it is not always that when the speed is high, the beams are more visible and in such considerations required to ensure the lighting provided conform to the amount of light within the area in which one is working.
Laser levels are created for use in different environments. For this reason, the chosen model should be strong enough to withstand all the conditions that the laser may be exposed to outdoor undertakings present the laser to more in eventualities. The most crucial part of the laser that is more exposed is the rotary motor. While it is exposed to factors such as debris, dust and water, chances of damage and getting worn remain high. This alongside other parts of the laser should be secured to ensure it lasts to the end of the job.
Installation and Use
Like all the technical tools used in construction, some lasers have complicated processes to install and use When this is the case, a lot of time is wasted before one is acquainted with the device that may translate to losses. The best laser level for any job should be easy to install and use. This may be enhanced by the provision of user manuals alongside easy to use controls. Digital display is also necessary for better convenience when applying the settings. In some cases, the dealer provides necessary guidance on how to get started with the laser machine.
The surfaces and location on which the laser is used vary widely. Best laser level in this regard should come with many mounting threads. These not only make it easy to mount the laser but more to that ease of use irrespective of the work area ability to fit into an indoor or outdoor environment makes the laser level more conducive. As such, ability to mount the laser level on walls, posts, rails and tripods among others makes it more applicable hence better.
Common Mistakes Committed by Laser Level Buyers:
You can find a lot of brands available on the internet. But there is a big chance that you will make mistakes if you do not have any experience. Buying something for the first time can be a great experience. That experience can be both good and bad. It depends on what you bought, how much did you pay for it and the satisfaction of the product. When you are purchasing a laser level, you have to know the proper guideline. Otherwise, you will not be able to buy the right product. A laser level is not a cheap product. That is why you have to be careful while you are purchasing it.All the laser level can't do the entire job of a project. Sometimes the most expensive laser level can't do a small task. And cheap laser level can't do a big job. Suppose you bought the best laser level, but features do not require whatever you want to do. What can you do here? The answer is nothing. So, whatever you are buying, make sure you purchased a product to fulfill your desire.Now I am going to tell you which are the common mistakes committed by Laser Level Buyers.
Not having Ideas About the Types:Not knowing the types of laser level is required for his task which is one of the biggest common mistakes. Some are aware that there are three types of laser level available in the market. These laser levels are rotary laser level, fixed laser level line and dot laser level. Some people buy fixed laser level line even though they needed rotary laser level line. That is a common kind mistake that people make.
Forget to Check Extra Kits:If you don’t check the extra kit you are going to get, then you miss those kits. Most of the product provides extra goodies which very useful for you. For example, there are goggles which are very useful, if you are working outside the house with your laser. Cause it will help you to the laser light perfectly well in bright daylight.
Checking Features:You always have to check that what kind features the product is offering. There are features which may not be available for a product. But you needed it the most. That is why you must know all the features of the product that are offered.
Ignoring Reviews:Reading reviews is essential when you are buying any kind of product. You can't just buy a laser level without knowing the product is good enough or not. Previous users will always tell you how the product went when they were using it. The best review obviously will hold the best laser level tile.
Buying without knowing the price:If you do not check the price of a product, people will have right to judge you with their mind. Unless you have tons of money, you better check the price the laser level. Sometimes the best laser level is available in low price. And sometimes the high price product is even right kind of laser level. Always buying without checking price is not a smart thing to do.
Overlooking the extra cost:
Forgetting to look for the extra cost is also another problem for the first time buyer. There is sometimes the additional cost is added to the product. Most of the time, our eye can't catch this thing. Make sure you check every bit of the price.