Hammerhead HLCL01 Review
The Hammerhead HLCL01 is a compact self-leveling cross line laser that can be used in various situations for a variety of projects. This unit self-levels when positioned within 40 of a level, and has a LED indicator that turns red whenever the unit is placed outside of the self-leveling range. While in the lock (manual) mode, the laser can be placed to project lines that are not plumb or level for projects that require them. This laser is ideal for tile alignment, doors, windows and wall studding, etc. This unit weighs 1.6 pounds, and it measures 2.2 x 3 x 3.4 inches.
Features of Hammerhead HLCL01
- Maximum Range – the HLCL01 provides a range of up to 30 feet.
- Accuracy – it has an accuracy of plus or minus 1/4-inch.
- Projection – it projects bright horizontal, vertical or cross lines onto flat surfaces. It projects at 1100, which enables you to cast a level line across multiple surfaces or walls.
- Leveling – it comes with self-leveling capabilities within 4 degrees of level.
- Laser line modes: Cross-line, Plumb, and Level
- Mounting – it features an adjustable mounting clamp that easily attaches to a variety of surfaces. This laser can also be mounted on any ¼-inch threaded tripod screw.
- Battery life: This unit comes with 2AA batteries whose life span is impressive. The batteries provide around fifteen hours of continuous use, enabling you to do plenty of work before needing to replace the batteries.
- Long battery life.
- It can be easily attached to multiple surfaces.
- Its clamp is quite sturdy.
- It’s fairly accurate.
- It is easy to use as it comes with only two controls.
- It is a very deluxe and high-quality level.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It requires a bit of effort to open the clamp.
- While some of its worthy competitors come with 3AA batteries, this unit comes with only 2.
Overall, this unit ranks among the best laser line levels. However, it is not as competitive as some of the very best laser line levels as far as accuracy and projection are concerned. Still, it’s a tool that gets the job done with admirable efficiency.