In the current age, most people prefer buying already made and furnished houses; that are mostly perfect. However, DIY lovers work on trial and error. Now, imagine building shelves for your pantry, or putting up tiles for your bathroom wall only to realize later that the alignment is crooked. The disappointment and frustration that come with it. The wasted time and resources having to build it over again.
The Dewalt laser level comes in handy in helping you avoid such situations. It ensures seamless synchronism and perfect alignment in your self-built works by showing you where to place each item.
Dewalt laser levels are world-renown for their accuracy and precision ensuring level points. Wondering what’s the best Dewalt laser level to apply? Well, here’s a guide on some of the best Dewalt laser levels.
- Dewalt laser levels: Comparison List
- 1. DEWALT DW 089G 12V MAX Line Laser
- 2. DEWALT (DW088LG) 12V MAX Line Laser, Cross Line, Green
- 3. DEWALT Line Laser, Self-Leveling, 3-Beam (DW089K)
- 4. DEWALT (DW088K) Line Laser, Self-Leveling, Cross Line
- 5. DEWALT Laser Pointer, 5-Beam (DW085K)
- 6. DEWALT 12V MAX Line Laser, 5 Spot + Cross Line
- 7. DEWALT Line Laser, Self Leveling, 360 Degree and Vertical Line
- Buying guide
- Intended purpose
Dewalt laser levels: Comparison List
1. DEWALT DW 089G 12V MAX Line Laser
Owing to several features installed to it, the 089LG Dewalt laser level is often used as the standard reference in the industry. This laser level applies green laser technology which is about 4 brighter than the red laser technology.
It has three 360-degree line lasers that help you to come up with the whole room layout no matter how big the size. The long-life and rechargeable 12V lithium battery saves the cost of replacing old cells with new ones. The locking pendulum does a perfect job protecting the internal parts of the laser from moisture and damage.
- Applicable both for indoor and outdoor activities.
- High accuracy.
- Has a rechargeable and long life 12V battery.
- The locking pendulum ensures the protection of laser components.
- Its bulkiness poses a challenge, for example when tiling a wall.
- Magnetic wall mounting lacks grip thus it’s easy for the laser to bump off an alignment.
The DW089LG has notable repeatability and precision. The bright laser is visible even for long distances. It embraces versatility thus is most suitable for DIY lovers.
2. DEWALT (DW088LG) 12V MAX Line Laser, Cross Line, Green
Known for its sturdy structure, the IP65 certified DW088LG is one of the most durable Dewalt laser levels in the industry. It is self-leveling and applies green laser technology. It is particularly useful both for indoor and outdoor activities since green beam laser technology is brighter than red. The 12V lithium battery unit is rechargeable and saves you the cost of purchasing new batteries. Besides, it has a pendulum lock that ensures its water and dustproof.
- The rechargeable battery makes it economical.
- It has high durability.
- Easy to use
- The laser light is wide in low light and even wider on the corners of plumb lines.
- The battery flickers continuously upon low battery percentage.
Its pricing is reasonable in comparison to other rotating lasers. You can best describe it as a quality tool with a DIY price.
3. DEWALT Line Laser, Self-Leveling, 3-Beam (DW089K)
The self-leveling Dewalt laser level is a 3-beam line laser with an in-built magnetic pivot. A feature that makes it one of the best Dewalt laser levels is its ability to create a 90-degree intersection on the ceiling or the floor. Despite using red beam laser technology, it applies diodes that are twice brighter to enhance visibility.
Consequently, it can be applied to both indoor and outdoor usage. Its accuracy is top-notch ranging at +/- 0.125 inches. The 89K laser level comes with its universal wall mount to connect to ceilings and walls. It also comes with a third vertical beam that allows you to work with lighter gear.
- Easy to use.
- It has a long-life battery.
- High accuracy
- Lacks a rechargeable battery.
- Lacks a pendulum lock thus its inner components are at the risk of damage.
For commercial and acoustic work, this is the tool to use. It is excellent for squaring partitions, grid ceilings, and installation of metal doors.
4. DEWALT (DW088K) Line Laser, Self-Leveling, Cross Line
The IP54 certified Dewaltlaser level comes with a sturdy casing thus is easily portable.Unlike a three-laser device, the 88K laser projects two crossing red laser lines and perfectly gets the job done. It is a class 2 self-leveling laser producing an output 1.3mW at 680nm. For projects requiring detailed attention including ceilings and walls, you might need another unit for efficient leveling.Being IP54 certified, it maintains ideal desired working conditions despite exposure to water and dust.
- Easy to use
- High durability
- Has an adjustable magnetic wall mount
- It’s relatively affordable
- It lacks a pendulum locking mechanism
- Laser lines are dimmer outdoor.
The laser is self-leveling with LEDs to show when its level. It’s primarily the best Dewalt laser level for mounting frames, TVs, light fixtures, and wall tiles.
5. DEWALT Laser Pointer, 5-Beam (DW085K)
The greatest feature of this self-leveling laser is the presence of a micro-adjusting knob to ensure maximum precision, especially in 90-degree intersecting lines. DW085K is a class 2 laser with its power output being less than 1mW. The red laser is dot-sized even over long distances for enhanced accuracy. The installed magnetic pivot has grip and easily mounts on metallic surfaces. It has a built-in integrated track clearance to ease your top and bottom installations. It’s usually the go-to tool for most DIYers.
- It has over-molded housing to ensure calibration is maintained while working.
- It has a small handy casing thus saving on space in your toolbox.
- Quite affordable.
- Easy to use.
- The laser light is weak in bright environments.
- Has no line projection
Albeit not being very powerful, the DW085K is definitely what you need for your interior design. Needless to say, it provides great value for your money.
6. DEWALT 12V MAX Line Laser, 5 Spot + Cross Line
A mention of this IP65 certified Dewalt laser level will spark interest in any carpenter, plumber or electrician you come across. The 12V green laser tool projects horizontal and vertical lines, together with forward plumb dots.The DW0825LG laser incorporates a pendulum locking mechanism thus protecting laser components. Also, it comes with a magnet to attach itself to metal studs and surfaces. The built-in battery has a relatively long run time; 14 hours for lines and 50 plus hours for dots. Besides, there’s a display segment for the battery indicator thus you can tell the remaining operation time.
- Has an over-molded housing for further protection.
- Excellent accuracy and precision.
- Has a long rechargeable battery life.
- It provides value for your money.
- List Element
- It has a dead spot on the vertical laser.
- It lacks a user’s manual.
- Lacks a knob for fine-tuning in straight lines.
Since green light is greatly visible, the DW0825LG is generally a great tool for both interior and exterior use. For interior use, you might consider getting a pole to project horizontal lines over the full height of the walls. If your layout is somewhat complicated, then look no further as this is the tool for you. Its speed and accuracy are incomparable to any other laser tool.
7. DEWALT Line Laser, Self Leveling, 360 Degree and Vertical Line
It’s among the best Dewaltlaser levels that assume the operation of a rotary laser. It has an adjustable base for fine-tuning. Also, it has a pendulum lock to prevent damage to the inner components. Being IP54 certified, it features a durable housing that is water and dust resistant. The DW0811 laser is highly sensitive even to vibrations as low as footsteps. This laser level works perfectly indoors. However, it is almost impossible to see any lines in bright light.
- High accuracy.
- Easy to use.
- Quite affordable.
- It creates fuzzy lines when used outdoors.
It is a great tool that comes with nice packaging. For outdoor use, you can apply an android app-level detector that works perfectly.
You’ll always find varying features in laser levels in terms of accuracy, durability, and visibility. To identify the best Dewalt laser level, you have to know its intended purpose and features that work for you.Guiding factors to put in mind include;
You need the laser for perfect alignment thus your desired laser should have excellent accuracy.
Lasers vary in price. Ensure that your desired laser is within your budget range and works perfectly.
Your laser of choice should be highly durable to save on the cost of buying a laser level now and then. Besides, where’s the fun in using a laser that constantly breaks down?
You have to determine whether you need the laser level for indoor or outdoor use.
You have to consider the visibility of the laser level depending on its intended purpose. Green beam lasers go with outdoor applications as they are more visible. For indoor applications, use red beam lasers
Lasers come in different shapes and sizes and there’s absolutely a laser to every need and budget. It is a handy tool necessary for plumbers, electricians, carpenters, and generally each household. The key thing is choosing the best Dewalt laser level that satisfies your needs.