Laser Level Maintenance and Easy Care Tips | Hot Laser Level
Laser levels tools commonly used in the construction environment where it is crucial to achieving accurate and precise level references. This is an advanced construction tool that can be operated by a single person. There is a variety of construction jobs that require the use of laser level; these jobs include;
The type of Laser levels maintenance and care performed on Laser levels differ from one type of tool to another. As the Laser levels exist in various types among which are:
- Line laser levels
- Rotary laser levels
- Single line lasers
- Point generators
However, they all share some common Laser levels maintenance and easy care procedures.
Laser Level Maintenance and Easy Care Tips
Just like any other construction tool maintenance and care is necessary for Laser level. This device consist of components which facilitates its proper functioning and any minimal defect of the components can cause damage and malfunctioning of the device.
The maintenance tips of the laser levels are in several forms such as:
- In most case construction, tools get damaged due to mishandling. Laser levels need to be handled carefully. Moreover, the following usage tips should be considered.
- Proper calibration of a Laser level is the crucial part of its maintenance. This determines the level of accuracy in any measurement.
- Internal unit of the laser levels can break when roughly handles. Therefore the laser levels should never be shaken, dropped or knocked down.
- To avoid risks of damages and dangers that can be caused by the device, it should be operated by a skilled person.
- Without the required expertise, this device should never be opened or dissembled.
- While using the construction site, it should be placed close to the concrete pour so as to avoid concrete from splashing onto it.
- When the device is supported on the tripod, the base of the tripod must be wide enough so as to achieve stability and avoid falling with the device on it.
- Temperature is a factor that can affect the laser lever while using it and also when in storage.
- The device must not be stored in hot areas or where there is heat emitting sources. High temperature can cause melting of plastic components of the device and also damage the batteries.
Storing the device in extremely cold areas can cause condensation of moisture inside the device and damage the circuit board of the tool.
Read more about: Bosch gcl 25 Review
It should always be used and stored at the recommended temperature.
- Lacer levels can also be damage due to other natural aspects when they are exposed to them.
- Moisture causes damage to this device and, therefore, the laser levels that are not waterproof not be used outdoors when raining. They must never be placed near washing areas as water may splash on them.
- For water resistant lasers, they must be dried off after use.
- The device must not be used in dirty construction sites if it is not dust or dirt proof.
- Laser levels should not be placed near heavy vibrating machines.
- Changes in workplaces necessitate movement and transportation of devices. Poor transportation condition can result in damages of laser levels.
- The tools must be switched off before initiating and motion or transportation.
- Before transporting the tool for a long distance, it should be placed in its case.
- Laser levels must never be placed in the bed of the pickup truck while transporting with other construction materials.
- The durability of the tool can also be affected by its battery. Battery maintenance helps to avoid damage unnecessary repair expense;
- The batteries should be checked on regular basis to avoid deterioration.
- When the device is to be stored for a long span of time, the batteries should be removed.
- The battery life is usually shortened as a result of poor understanding of charging tips. Battery durability entirely depends on how it is maintained.
- To increase durability the laser level batteries, NiCad batteries, must be complexly discharged and fully recharged.
- Overcharging of the batteries cause overheating which damages the device, so overcharging must be avoided.
- The batteries should be cycled monthly.
- In case of dust and dirt, the laser levels must be cleaned with great cautiousness.
- It is cleaned using a damp cloth with soap and water.
- The plastic parts should never be cleaned with any solvent.
- Neither strong detergents nor any harsh chemicals should be used to clean the tool.
- The device should not be dipped into the water directly.
- Cleaning of the laser lens should be done using a soft cloth with a few drop of glass cleaner.
Tools can get damaged even when they are not in use. When storing laser levels the following precautions should be considered;
- The device should be turned off and the battery taken out before storing the laser level.
- It should always be stored indoors at the correct temperature.
- It must be store in its original casing. The case must be of 0% moisture.
- Even after being placed in its original case it should be stored in a dry environment.
In general, a tool that is taken care of and properly maintained by user automatic give a better result & lasting time of tool increase simultaneously. With this maintenance and care tips for laser levels, their performance life can be prolonged.